The following are important warning signs which you need to keep an eye on and respond to by taking your child to be seen by the doctor or by the Accident & Emergencies department:
- a fever in your young baby less than 3 months of age
- change in your child’s skin colour to pale or mottled or blue
- you are unable to rouse your child or keep them awake
- your child making grunting noises or breathing fast or with difficulty,
- your child has an unusual skin rash which does not blanch or fade when you press on it,
- your child has stiffness in the neck or bulging in the fontanelle (soft spot on your baby’s head),
- your child has any abnormal movements or seizures.